Sunday, October 13, 2013

Another Course Has Come to an End....EDUC 584 Course Reflection

End of Class Reflection by krista.a.beyer on GoAnimate


To be honest, this course has been one of the most enjoyable ones thus far. I have always loved technology and this course has energized me to incorporate technology in my classroom in ways I never thought would be possible.

One of the most beneficial parts of this course has been the blogging project. Allowing myself to become more familiar with blogging, and viewing and commenting on others’ blogs has opened my eyes to the power of online communication. As a result of this course, I plan to teach my students about blogging and have them create their own blogs by the end of the year (with school permission).

I also thoroughly enjoyed learning about the power of twitter, and how it can be used in an educational setting. While I have not fully immersed myself into the “Twitter World” I have started by creating an account and have begun to follow many educational leaders. As I have more time to explore the site and become more familiar with everything, it is my goal to use my account for classroom updates and daily happenings, allowing parents and families to stay updated with our classroom.

While I had been familiar with tools such as digital stories, Skype, and Animoto, this course strengthened my knowledge on how these things could be incorporated into the everyday routines of school. While I once thought these tools were good for big projects and rare occasions, I have come to learn that technology should just be part of a regular day. It shouldn’t be something that is an additional component of the day.

Overall, I feel that I could go on and on about all of the tools I have learned about (Wikis, weebly, google drive, google hangouts, GoAnimate, etc…). When I find spare time, I want to continue exploring these programs more in depth. I would like to strengthen my teaching by incorporating more up and coming technology into my classroom to meet the needs of my technology loving students!

3 comments:

  1. Well done and nicely said. I also used Goanimate for a Web 2.0 tool. I appreciate the way you designed your characters to look like you! BTW we missed you last Thursday and I hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think these tools are so great the way you can make them say anything you need. I chose Voki for mine and I enjoyed how easy it was to create. Your reflection was great on the course.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed your GoAnimate! I agree with many of the comments you made in your reflection. I too have learned so much from this course and am excited to continue incorporating my learning into my daily instruction. You were certainly a role model to me in this course and have inspired me to be unafraid of technology and to try out new things. Thanks for that!

    ReplyDelete